Thursday, June 25, 2009

A lot of people have asked me about the food...so I wrote a few little poems to help me describe it.  But keep in mind that I am NOT poet and I have been told on many occasions that I have no rhythm.  :)  So this is just my attempt and if it backfires...I'm sorry.  :)

Austrian Dinner Parties
After All day on my feet
my hunger cannot be beat
I cannot wait to eat
so at the table I take a seat

Before we can begin 
everyone must come in
the kids and I wait to begin
while the adults sip their gin

With the table elegantly set
we ask if we can start yet
but our needs are not met
and my stomach gets more upset

At last the gin is gone
hopefully we eat before dawn
finally the food is brought on
as I try to stifle a yawn

Thank goodness the salad is ocming
because my stomach is now rumbling
Is this really salad? I'm guessing?
Oh no! There's no ranch dressing!!

Next we have asparagus
I really wish it was tasteless
I try to not gag or grimace
but I'm afraid it's hopeless

Finally the main course
hopefully it's not horse
down my throat I must force
unknown meat of unknown source

I send a prayer above 
that a dessert I won't get sick of
thank goodness I get a hold of
ice cream...mmm...I love.  :)


Mayo
Mayo here, mayo there
Holy crap! It's everywhere!!

In the morning, in the night
What a horrible sight!

On tomatoes, even a potatoe
It has become my biggest foe

On the meat, on the bread
I think I'll drop down dead

Mayo here, Mayo there
Oh gag me!! It's everywhere!!

Divine
Chocolate, chocolate oh so divine
I've never tasted anything quite this fine
I just might build a shrine
to this chocolate oh so divine

Meat and Bread
When I am not in bed
I am kept well fed
when every single spread
consists of meat and bread

the meat is not so bad
but much better I have had
I am always more glad
when I only have a tad

the bread is so delicious
I wish it were more nutritious
of weight gain I am suspicious
but the bread is so dang delicious

I am kept so well fed
it's hard to get out of bed
when every single spread
consists of meat and bread




1 comment:

  1. Nothing captures how a person feels like true poetry...even when it's about food. Nice job! I feel like I'm right there in Austria with you. And the mayo thing...out of control. In Holland they served a big dollop on top of french fries in a cone cup. Yuck! Hopefully you have the option to opt out of the mayo madness!

    ReplyDelete